I was actually pretty pleased with how this turned out, considering I just threw a couple of vegetables I liked in a pan with cooked chicken bits. I wouldn't submit this to any recipe contests, but it worked for us! Pretty paltry looking, isn't it? I know. Welcome to the lives of dieters. But by day two, it's not as bad as you think it is! No, seriously. Though I think my fiance would beg to differ!
I'll be off dreaming about macaroni and cheese while you guys read this blog. Remember, double to feed four! And add any kind of starch you like if you aren't denying yourself the joy of them.
Have with you:
- Two skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- A few stalks of asaparagus; enough to feed both of you!
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chicken broth/stock
- Your favorite poultry seasoning
- Reduced fat grated Parmesean cheese
On your way to ChickenTown:
1. Season your chicken, and heat in a wide skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Takes about five minutes on each side.
2. When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
3. Deglaze with stock and lemon juice. Add garlic and cook for about two minutes.
4. Add asparagus and red peppers. Sautee for about a minute, then put a lid on it. Leave for one minute to let the veggies steam through and get slightly tender.
5. Return chicken to the heat and let it get a little of the yummy juices.
6. Plate it up! I thought the Parmesean cheese garnish really made the dish.
Only takes about 20 minutes to make this one! I'll be glad I came up with it when I'm wearing short shorts and crop tops this summer!